Red Light Epiphany

The red taillight in front of me pulsed as the driver lightly tapped the breaks again and again.  The color, unnatural and harsh, was now imprinted on my mind.  My thoughts raced, as they often do when I allow my overactive imagination a little freedom.  The red no longer filled the space between my front bumper and the car ahead, but it seemed to have infiltrated every corner of the city block where my car temporarily sat idle. 

I really shouldn't read fiction or watch anything besides documentaries.  It is far too easy for me to suddenly convince myself I was destined for adventure beyond what's expected from a young professional.  It is far too easy for me to make excuses for the hold myths and legends have on my reality.  It is far too easy for me to uncover discontentment in the contentment of my blessed life. 
I waited for the car in the lead to move.  The red softened.  As my car lurched forward, I wondered what genre of fiction I was welcoming in this advancement through time.  Would it be romantic in nature?  Great question.  Would it be action packed?  I could only hope.  Would it be a mystery until the appropriate conclusion?  I would bet on it. 
God has an interesting way of hinting we are all made for a different world.   New and eternal.  I am gifted a "normal" life in order to reveal an exciting and incomparable story.  It is promised to be truly life changing.